none
Don't see the Domain attribute value flowing for new user RRS feed

• Question

• I am provisioning users to a SQL Server table and created a SQL view that contains: Domain_name, First_name, Last_Name, and Account_Name.

When I create a user within FIM, I define each field including Domain (which is prepopulated with the local AD domain name in a drop down list).

I plan to create a SP or a trigger within SQL to actually take the domain value (since it is not part of the base table) and insert it behind the scene.  However, I notice in the metaverse and connector space that the person object does not show a domain attribute or value.  I would expect to see the attribute and value like I see for firstname, lastname and accounttype.  Where did it go?

Thanks!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 6:18 AM

Answers

• The domain attribute is there in the person schema of the mataverse. If you dont see it may be you have removed it somehow, you can add it back, its of the Type String (Indexable)

If you dont see values in it or you've added a new attribute, make sure in the FIM MA you have selected both the inbound and outbound flow rules for the domain attribute, in the configure attributes flow under the person.

After doing so, do a full import and full sync the FIM MA, the values in the domain attribute should show up

• Marked as answer by Osho27 Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:30 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:36 AM

All replies

• The domain attribute is there in the person schema of the mataverse. If you dont see it may be you have removed it somehow, you can add it back, its of the Type String (Indexable)

If you dont see values in it or you've added a new attribute, make sure in the FIM MA you have selected both the inbound and outbound flow rules for the domain attribute, in the configure attributes flow under the person.

After doing so, do a full import and full sync the FIM MA, the values in the domain attribute should show up

• Marked as answer by Osho27 Wednesday, January 9, 2013 1:30 PM
    Wednesday, January 9, 2013 7:36 AM
  • are the correct attribute flows in place?

Cheers,

(HOPEFULLY THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU!)
    Jorge de Almeida Pinto | MVP Identity & Access - Directory Services

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights!
    * Always evaluate/test yourself before using/implementing this!
    * DISCLAIMER:
    http://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/disclaimer/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ################# Jorge's Quest For Knowledge ###############
    ###### BLOG URL:
    http://JorgeQuestForKnowledge.wordpress.com/ #####
    #### RSS Feed URL:
    http://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/feed/ ####
    <>

"Osho27" wrote in message news:1e2a38b3-b53b-4b32-8281-e1450239ca07@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I am provisioning users to a SQL Server table and created a SQL view that contains: Domain_name, First_name, Last_Name, and Account_Name.

When I create a user within FIM, I define each field including Domain (which is prepopulated with the local AD domain name in a drop down list).

I plan to create a SP or a trigger within SQL to actually take the domain value (since it is not part of the base table) and insert it behind the scene.  However, I notice in the metaverse and connector space that the person object does not show a domain attribute or value.  I would expect to see the attribute and value like I see for firstname, lastname and accounttype.  Where did it go?

Thanks!

Jorge de Almeida Pinto [MVP-DS] | Principal Consultant | BLOG: http://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/
    Saturday, January 12, 2013 5:57 PM