Who'se idea was it to remove manual arrangement or no arrangement from Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• I can no longer move files in a directory in the order i want them, similar to what this user posted:

Windows 7 a step backward in some places.. yes, I agree.

One area where I found the user was robbed of choice is the option to uncheck auto-arrange in folder views. This option which was available in all previous windows versions allows one to drag a frequently used file or folder to the side or corner of the window to work with. You cant do that any more in Win7! It snaps back into the grid!

The thing that gets me is that MS seems to have thought of every conceivable way of arranging files in the details list (I think over a 100 selections) except manual or non auto arrangement!!

I see no reason why users were robbed of this important choice in arranging their files/folders esp since we have had that choice in all previous windows versions and where many of us may have gotten used to it.

Because of this, now I can't arrange things the way I want them, please change this
    Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:36 AM

Answers