Appv Sequencer Event Data Path RRS feed

• Question

• I fellas,  trying to reach some answers over the internet but i do not find my answer.

so i've a question about my APP-V SEQUENCER ,

When i'm creating some package, the sequencer generates folders in my c:\

EXAMPLES ->>

C:\dc64dc6d-0eb3-4292-a0ab-63ff966efa54

C:\afe40a51-0c40-4ceb-802f-4ac5ae7d8bc1

i'm trying to find out how can i change this destination folder, cause now my c:\  looks like a garbage, with so many of this folders.

HOW CAN I CHANGE THIS DESTINATION FOLDER? EX: (c:\garbagefolder ) COULD I CHANGE IT?

i already went to eventviewer tryning to find out, the same for regedit but without success.

could anyone help me?

best regards,

Joseph

Friday, November 18, 2016 10:28 AM

Answers

• First, you should always revert your machine to a clean state after you sequenced an application!!!

These folders the sequencer is creating are the (dummy) PVAD folders of each sequenced application. This way all changes to the file system are written to the VFS. If you want to change this folder you must start your sequencer with the switch -EnablePVADControl.
    Sequencing application to PVAD may have impact on your application

Roy Essers

• Marked as answer by JosephMalaks Monday, November 21, 2016 9:59 AM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 1:46 PM

All replies

• First, you should always revert your machine to a clean state after you sequenced an application!!!

These folders the sequencer is creating are the (dummy) PVAD folders of each sequenced application. This way all changes to the file system are written to the VFS. If you want to change this folder you must start your sequencer with the switch -EnablePVADControl.
    Sequencing application to PVAD may have impact on your application

Roy Essers

• Marked as answer by JosephMalaks Monday, November 21, 2016 9:59 AM
    Friday, November 18, 2016 1:46 PM
  • you saved my day Roy. Thank you!
    Friday, November 18, 2016 2:50 PM