View thumbnail for .wmf/.emf files? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In Windows explorer one can view images in thumbnails. For some reasons however, I need to conveniently view a number of .wmf (Windows Metafile) and .emf(Enhanced Metafile) files with thumbnails, which are from unzipped .docx Word embedded contents. I didn’t find it possible with Windows Explorer.

Is there a way to enable them?

Bob

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You are right, I have tested in Windows7/XP, both.wmf (Windows Metafile) and .emf(Enhanced Metafile) files with thumbnails cannot show up.

According your description, this issue is more Windows Client related. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows Client Forum for further discussion.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro,windowsvistaitpro,windowsxpitpro,windowsintune

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Bob Sun Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:50 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You are right, I have tested in Windows7/XP, both.wmf (Windows Metafile) and .emf(Enhanced Metafile) files with thumbnails cannot show up.

According your description, this issue is more Windows Client related. In order to get the answer effectively, it is recommended to post a new thread in Windows Client Forum for further discussion.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro,windowsvistaitpro,windowsxpitpro,windowsintune

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

William Zhou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Bob Sun Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:50 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:07 AM
  • William,

Thanks, I will look into that forum.

Bob

• Edited by Bob Sun Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:52 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:50 PM