none
Resource Availability View RRS feed

• Question

•  Why Project reports resource assignments under project “My Timesheet” and how do we eliminate these entries? In some cases, they make the table 3 to 4 times longer and always contain “0h”.

Friday, June 13, 2014 7:18 PM

All replies

•  Why Project reports resource assignments under project “My Timesheet” and how do we eliminate these entries? In some cases, they make the table 3 to 4 times longer and always contain “0h”.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 4:32 PM
  • Hi Project Help,

The "my timesheet" row in the resource availability grid contains the time entered against administrative time. There is no way to remove it, evenif it contains 0 for the entire selected period.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:09 PM
  • So does every My Timesheet entry correspond to a week in the future in which vacation has been entered by the employee? What other Admin entry could it be? 

Friday, June 20, 2014 2:42 PM
  • Not only vacation but any administrative time.

Administrative time is configured under the "time and task management" in the server settings:

Then 3 are already configured out-of-the-box but you can add as many as you need. They can be configured with the following parameters:

• status: you can choose to open or close a category, for example if it is not anymore relevant,
    • Work type: trigger whether time enter against this category will increase the work and decrease the availability of the resource,
    • Approve: if it requires timesheet manager approval,
    • Always display: wheither it is visible by default in the timesheet or if it has to be inserted.

See references below:

• http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project/archive/2009/02/13/administrative-time-explained.aspx
    • http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982965(v=office.14).aspx

Note that for PS2013, another parameter "multiple lines" allows to enter multiple entries in a timesheet for this category. See my article here.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

Friday, June 20, 2014 2:53 PM