Finding KB name that corresponds to file name in the wsuscontent folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

New to wsus and noticing evenid = 364 errors in the software distribution log file.  The errors appear to be pointing to missing content in the wsuscontent folder.  When Googling the filename in the wsuscontent folder, no data is retrieved.  Guessing I need to Google the Microsoft KB name. The problem I have is how can I find the KB name that matches the filename missing in the log file so I know what patch to retrieve?  Also this is a disconnected wsus server and the online wsus server does not have the file.  Appreciate your help.

• Edited by donkey_1 Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:01 PM
    Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

Could you please detail the event 364 ?

>> Also this is a disconnected wsus server and the online wsus server does not have the file. 

What is the topology of WSUS servers ?

Do you mean using export/import for "disconnected" wsus server ?

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sus/2009/07/02/how-to-move-wsus-from-one-server-to-another/

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 21, 2017 8:10 AM
  • Hello Elton,

Eventid 364 msg is "content file download failed.  Reason Http status 404:  The requested url does not exist on the server."  Then it proceeds to tell me the name of the file in the wsus content folder.

Currently have an online WSUS server that is able to download the patches.  Once the patches are downloaded, the content is copied to media.  The media is then used to copy the patches to the wsus server that is offline.  It is the offline wsus server that is showing these errors in the log file and the wsus console shows "update is downloading" status for several days now.  Please let me know if you need more details.

Friday, July 21, 2017 11:33 AM