none
Is this feature possible or not; Modifying shared web part RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have been using PS 2007. Wanted to know of webparts showing different options in PWA

Firstly on Project Web Access: if we go to My Tasks page where Team members report their time. As an admin by going through Site Actions -> Edit Page  .On the selected web part click edit->Modify Shared web part. Over there we have options under "Project Web Access" where the "Duration format" can be set either to days,months, etc.....

Secondly if the same steps are performed under the "Approval tasks page" (Task updates link under Approval)where the project manager can approve/reject the submitted tasks by team members we dont see the option to change the "Duration format" and the display is shown in hours only.

Our customer is asking us to change the display to day from hours in the Approval task page.

Question was is this a limitation on Microsoft's side or can this be achieved in any other way. Please let me know

Thanks in Advance

mp

Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi Max_Pin,

This is a limitation of the Web Part. On the approvals page, you cannot change the Duration format like you can change it on the My Tasks page. I also don't know of another way to modify that web part.

Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Max_Pin,

This is a limitation of the Web Part. On the approvals page, you cannot change the Duration format like you can change it on the My Tasks page. I also don't know of another way to modify that web part.

Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:31 AM
  • Hi Hans,

Thanks for your response. If at all asked, what is the workaround you would suggest to display the data in days.

Thanks

mp

Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:06 AM