none
Need a way to "nest" shared calendars RRS feed

• Question

• I have a small law firm as a client who has requested that I help them configure their Exchange 2007 server to automatically sync multiple shared calendars to each other. They have two office locations and want each location to have it's own shared calendar. Within each location they have teams (small groups) of lawyers who will have their own team shared calendar. To top it off, they want the team calendar to automatically populate the location shared calendar which in turn populates the master firm-wide calendar...I think. I believe this can be accomplished by setting up public folder calendars and tweaking the permissions but I think I'll need to install a third-party tool such as Code Two Exchange Sync and figure out how to configure it to really make the magic happen...especially since they'll want their mobile devices to have access to all the calendars too. It's a bit confusing and might not be the best way to do things but I need to accommodate them. Can anyone take a stab at this and help me figure out the best solution? For your consideration, here is the exact wording of the request I received:

"In an IDEAL world…I would like the following:
                    -A team calendar that automatically populates into the current calendar which would be the master (or the current calendar) AND also populates into the office calendar (per each office).

Example:
                    3 teams are in Boston.  Once we calendar something on ONE of those teams it automatically populates on the Boston Team Calendar AND the firm-wide Master.  Therefore we are able to see the team, office and the firm calendar.

IF we are unable to do the team then we can do each office.  Using the same example:
                    Once we calendar something on the team calendar (right now we would only have New York and Boston) it populates automatically into the firm-wide Master Calendar."
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:25 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the info. We've decided to start a trial of Code Two Exchange Sync and set up some dummy calendars for testing. I'll report back if anything interesting happens.
    • Marked as answer by hppmstch Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:05 PM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    There is nothing BuiltIn to Exchange that can sync calendar items from one mailbox to another.

Maybe it can be done with some EWS Scripting of some kind, so ask in the DEV Forum

Martina Miskovic

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_LiaoModerator Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:14 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by hppmstch Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:05 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:21 PM
  • Hi there,

A transport rule may help forward specific email messages to specified recipients. However, it may cause duplicated meeting appointment. So I'd suggest you share users calendar and then add each other's calendar in their Outlook profile.

Refer to:

Share your calendar information

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/share-your-calendar-information-HA001230249.aspx

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Fiona_LiaoModerator Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:14 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by hppmstch Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:05 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:14 AM
  • Thanks for the info. We've decided to start a trial of Code Two Exchange Sync and set up some dummy calendars for testing. I'll report back if anything interesting happens.
    • Marked as answer by hppmstch Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:05 PM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:05 PM
  • test

Thustle

Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:38 PM