none
Site Contents page won't load with Chrome

Question

• I don't seem to have any problems with Chrome on any of the other pages with SPO, but for some crazy reason none of the Site Contents pages will load.  I have to switch over to IE to make them load.  

I can't figure out what's different with Site Contents.  It doesn't matter whether I access it from the gear button, or a link on the left nav, if I try to go to the viewlsts.aspx all I get is a blank white page.    IE loads it fine.  And it works the same in any Site Collection I go to.  It's been going on for as long as we've been playing with SPO, so there have been multiple reboots and patches and so on, and none of them have helped.

It's kind of annoying since I do almost everything with Chrome.  If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them.

Thanks.

Ted

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Ted,

For this issue, I need to verify the things below with you:

1. Does this issue occur with all the users?
    2. Make sure you are updated to the latest version of Chrome
    3. Please add the site to trusted sites in Google Chrome then check how it works.
    4. Please use fiddler to check if there is any error returned.

It would be very appreciated if you can reply back.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:13 AM
  • Thanks for your help.  In reply to your questions:

1.  Not every user, just some chrome users.  I haven't been able to figure out what the pattern is between those who can vs those who can't.

2.  Yes, according to chrome I'm on the latest update.

3.   Unfortunately I can't.  The company has all of those settings locked down via GPO and I can't update it :-( .  I'm going to see if I can get them to add this url to the list of globally approved sites, but that will probably take some time to make happen.  Either way it's the same between those who can access that page and those who can't.

4.  Similar to #3 unfortunately.  Installing any type of sniffer on a company PC without express permission is considered a career limiting thing.  I'll have to keep working on that as well.

Thanks though for your help.

Ted

Monday, April 3, 2017 8:20 PM