SCSM 2010 SP1 - Event 33652 SM Implicit UserRole Administrator RRS feed

• Question

• While testing a backup scenario, I took the DB offline and renamed the ServiceManager DB to ServiceManager.bak and tried to restore from a different server without success. After trying to rollback to the original DB by renaming the .bak to ServiceManager.Mdf and restarting SQL, I try to start SCSM and get the following error:

Implicit user role administrator is unable to configure the implied user role because of System Center Data Access service errors.
     The following errors were encountered:
     Exception message: Unable to perform the operation because of authorization store errors.

Implicit user role administrator name: Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.SystemCenter.ImplicitUserRoleAdministrator
    Instance name: Subscriptions Workflow Target
    Instance ID: {3FDD292D-04CF-E893-9AE2-76740BA4E017}
    Management group: ******

and:

An exception was thrown while processing GetImpliedUserRoles for session ID uuid:f8568f98-1a95-410d-90b1-098df39cedcf;id=189.
     Exception message: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason.
     Full Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnknownAuthorizationStoreException]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Common.UnknownAuthorizationStoreException: Unable to perform the operation because of authorization store errors. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070006): The handle is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070006 (E_HANDLE))
       at Microsoft.Interop.Security.AzRoles.IAzApplication2.InitializeClientContextFromToken(UInt64 ullTokenHandle, Object varReserved)
       at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Sdk.Authorization.AzManHelper.AccessCheck(String accessCheckContext, Int32[] operationIds, IntPtr hToken, String stringSid, Int32[] accessCheckReturnCodes, List`1[] accessCheckScopes)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---).

Any help would be most appreciated

Civitas

civitas hall
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 2:58 PM

Answers

• I have successfully recreated this error in our environment.  It was caused by adding a plain SQL logon as a user on the ServiceManager database.  This in turn hoses the authorization store and causes all sorts of havoc with the management servers and the self-service portal.
    The early bird gets the worm. The second mouse gets the cheese.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 9:23 PM

All replies

• I would first try re-importing the management server key.  If that does not work, you should probably get Microsoft Support on the line.
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Have you double checked the permissions on the database?

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 10:34 AM
  • Oddly enough, I am now getting this error.  I will be contacting MS Support shortly.
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:23 PM
  • I have successfully recreated this error in our environment.  It was caused by adding a plain SQL logon as a user on the ServiceManager database.  This in turn hoses the authorization store and causes all sorts of havoc with the management servers and the self-service portal.
    Friday, May 20, 2011 9:23 PM