none
Group Policy - Power Settings -

Question

• Hi Everyone,

The company I work for is currently in the process of completing a merger of 3 separate businesses from their respective AD Domains into our business domain/forest.

Currently we do not manage power settings via group policy or SCCM in the source environments.

We are having issues when the migration team is attempting to complete migrations of numerous workstations at the sites/locations when migrations processes occur overnight. This is due to the workstations being migrated hibernating or going to sleep.

As such, I've been request to ensure that Power Settings are enforce on these machines to stay on (i.e. not go to sleep or Hibernate).

I was hoping someone could please confirm the exact Group Policy items I will need to enable/disable to make sure all machines stay on overnight.

I'm aware the settings are in Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>System>Power Settings>Power Management, but I'm currently unsure of how many or which setting would be required for this piece.

Thanks in Advance!!

Simon

Thursday, February 19, 2015 1:12 AM