VISIO 2010 in appv RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Installation of Office 2010 is working well. I used OffVirt.msi with following cmd using MAK VAMT 2.0:

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi ADDLOCAL=Click2runMapi,Click2runOWSSupp,Click2runWDS,OSpp,OSpp_Core,OSppWoW64

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi PIDKEYS=xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxx USEROPERATIONS=1

----------------------

Which command to use for VISIO 2010 ?   (is this just adding VISIOSTD=1 ?  or this only for KMS ?) 

and do I need to change the OSD for VISIO afterwards with dependencies from the OSD's from outlook, word and excel

Gr. Pvds

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:09 AM

Answers

• Hello,

See this article;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462

From the article;

PIDKEYS
    Multiple product keys are semicolon delimited. For example:
    PIDKEYS=X-X-X-X-X; Y-Y-Y-Y-Y;

No you do not need to edit the OSD-files

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack
    • Edited by znack Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by pvds Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See this article;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/983462

From the article;

PIDKEYS
    Multiple product keys are semicolon delimited. For example:
    PIDKEYS=X-X-X-X-X; Y-Y-Y-Y-Y;

No you do not need to edit the OSD-files

• Edited by znack Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by pvds Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:15 AM
  • Using that Command line switch should work. As far as I know Visio does tie in with those other products and so would need to have visibility in the virtual environment so if you want that functionality you will need to use DSC. Try using the Dynamic Suiting Tool to help you if you'd like.

Scratch that I guess, I was basing that on an older Visio. I wasn't aware it was seen as one.

• Edited by RorymonMVP Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:19 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:16 AM
  • Okay, I only have one key and it is a seperate sequence (only visio) is this command OK then for MAK ?

msiexec /i OffVirt.msi VISIOSTD=1  PIDKEYS=XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX  USEROPERATIONS=1

and because it is a seperate sequence also no dependencies to add in the OSD ?

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:20 AM
  • Sorry there are two pidkeys for office and visio. But The office sequence is allready working. Is it necessarry to

add both when I only sequencing the VISIO app.. on the sequencer and on the client?

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:24 AM
  • Hello,

If you would have read the article - it clearly states that you should not combine KMS and PIDKEYS. If you want to utilize both - you can specify the KMS and then pushout the MAK using VAMT.

You should not use DSC and you should not alter the OSDs due to any licensing.

MAK does not use any of the command-line properties for KMS - so you should omit the KMS properties entirely.

I do suggest you read the article more carefully in the future. If you are only using the MAK - you need to specify all keys within the PIDKEYS property - seperated by semicolon.

See the first post which I made - which states this and gives you an example.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:24 AM
  • I was a bit confused by the article, i thought it was the same article I have on my desk (Article id 2627274). This one is confusing about KMS and MAK.

Thanx and sorry for bothering you,

PVDS

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:34 AM