Windows Media Player 11 mini toolbar bug (or not?) RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've noticed a pretty strange problem with the WMP 11 mini toolbar in the taskbar on Vista (am using SP1):

Sometimes when I pause a song (not MIDI, however) at the very end,y right before it switches to the next media file, and then press play, WMP will either:
    • display the the current (previously paused) song's information, but play the next song
    • play the current song again
    Also, sometimes a "lag" will occur, and even when a media file is not finished yet, it will begin playing the next audio file, but the previous one is still shown as if it is playing.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:34 PM

All replies

• WMP11 in Vista doesn't play sounds files to the end, and this may be related.  It is stopping about a half-second prematurely.  To me, these are major problems.

Monday, June 9, 2008 3:43 PM
  • Hi

I have a similar issue where the toolbar options are all available, but setting windows media player to "mini-mode" by right-clicking on the taskbar and selecting it's toolbar option has no effect.
    rantng your method will fail as the New Toolbar dialog does not allow the selection of applications as deskbands, only websites and folders.
    Un/reinstalling the windows media player taskbar interface with regsrv32 was a fruitless exercise. I suspect some corruption of wmpband.dll has occurred, but as I lack the time to properly investigate this machine's issue I'll instead reinstall the application and report my findings if unsuccessful.
    Friday, June 13, 2008 11:21 AM