Enable ActiveX Settings from aspx page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have an aspx page where i have added some javascript that makes use of ActiveX controls to export some data to excel.

The site is added to trusted sites but the browser setting "Initialize and script activeX controls not marked as safe for scripting" is disabled for this zone by the GPO settings. So even if this is enabled manually, it gets reset eveytime the machine is restarted.

I have a vbscript that enables this setting when run manually.

Is it possible for me to add this script in the page and enable the setting whenever this page loads?

I know this defeats the purpose of the setting, but i just want to know if this is possible somehow. Please let me know.

Saturday, March 9, 2013 3:56 AM

Answers

• Hi

consult your system administrators... If they have the gpo requirement then you will have to sign your ActiveX control.

alternatively, get the gpo changed to prompt I/o block... once a user allows an unsigned control on a site IE will not prompt again... see Manage Addons>All Addons, the property page of your ActiveX control.... at the bottom there is a list of allowed sites.

You could use vbscript to change the IE security zone settings.... but the GPO settings may prevent user level privileges doing this.

Regards.

Rob^_^

• Marked as answer by tracycai Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:03 AM
    Sunday, March 10, 2013 11:37 PM