First Restart on installation, Stuck on Black Screen. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

So it was working perfectly fine before I tried something.....

---------------------------

What I did:

--------------------------

I created two partitions for my Windows 7 and one for my Windows Xp, so I tried downloading Windows 7 on one of them and of course I have a problem with windows 7 saying it can't be installed because of hardware problems so I just left it and decided to install windows Xp on the other and I think near the ending of the installation it just failed. I probably did the partition thing completely wrong. After that I deleted all the partitions and created one partition and downloaded Windows XP on it. During the first restart on the installation it will get hung up on the Black Screen with the cursor and even with the CD in it to reboot it won't do anything when I click any keys.

------------------------

Note: With the XP boot disc it won't do anything but with the Windows 7 disc I am able to delete the partition again.

Hope someone can help me,

Thanks

Saturday, March 2, 2013 11:33 PM

Answers

• Can you disk wipe using 3rd party tool and then check? 
    • Marked as answer by Smokey9999 Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:54 AM
    Monday, March 4, 2013 5:36 AM

All replies

• Can you disk wipe using 3rd party tool and then check? 
    • Marked as answer by Smokey9999 Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:54 AM
    Monday, March 4, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Thank you!

I used DBAN to clear out the HD and I was able to download Windows XP back on it. Glad you pointed me in the right direction haha, not to familiar with this stuff, thought deleting the partition would delete everything guess not.

Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:54 AM