none
Agent grayed out RRS feed

• Question

• one of my production server is showing in warning state but is grayed out

display in SCOM console : 

WarningUnavailable (servername+FQDN) False SuccessUnavailable SuccessUnavailable

server is pingable and i took the RDP also 

after i tried to start the services but following error is encountered : 

unable to restart health service on windows server Windows could not start the OpsMgr Health Service on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service

and i thought clearing cache might work but there is no option to stop the health service  

Kindly provide the solution with Root cause asap as it is one of the production servers

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 9:40 AM

All replies

• Please check you have set the antivirus exclusion list as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975931

The possible cause of this is that the process is being locked by the antivirus software. You may try to reboot the server and check the result if you have set the antivirus exclusion. 

Also, try the following steps:

1) make sure that Microsoft Monitoring Agent service(Health service) is stopped

2) delete  c:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State

3) Restart Microsoft Monitoring Agent service

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 2:31 AM