SharePoint Farm Account dependency of User Profile Synchronization Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Could someone please explain to me how the User Profile Synchronization is dependent on the SharePoint Farm account running locally on a designated SharePoint server hence one having no choice but to deal with the SharePoint Health Analyzer complaining that  Farm account  shouldn't be used for this services?

Please has Microsoft resolved this issue? (Or am have I mis-interpreted all the provided documentation on the User profile Synchronization requirements wrongly)

Thanks,

Dominic

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:19 PM

Answers

• Hi Trevor,

Thanks for confirming it as an issue and recommending the way of deal with it.

Dominic

• Marked as answer by dnanna Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:47 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:47 AM

All replies

• Partially explained here: http://thesharepointfarm.com/2011/06/sharepoint-2010-farm-backup-and-the-user-profile-service/

In addition to the above, Local Admin is required due to the enumeration of the SAM (Security Account Manager) database on the local machine. Only an Administrator can do this.

This will not be resolved, and the UPSS (FIM) has been dropped from SharePoint 2016.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:24 PM
  • Hi Trevor,

Thanks for confirming it as an issue and recommending the way of deal with it.

Dominic

• Marked as answer by dnanna Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:47 AM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:47 AM