transfer the SENT faxes from Windows XP to Windows 7? RRS feed

• Question

• Could you describe how to transfer the SENT faxes from Windows XP to Windows 7?

Monday, January 18, 2010 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Windows 7 has a build in program : Windows easy transfter which can help transfer the settings, user account from vista to windows 7. If you are using windows xp, need to install this Windows easy transfer first.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2B6F1631-973A-45C7-A4EC-4928FA173266&displaylang=en

Here is more info about the usage of Windows easy transfer.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/features/easy-transfer.aspx
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 9:50 AM
  • I have used transfer--   it gives all the stuff I dont want-   it does NOT show faxes  in items to transfer-    So what am I supposed to do?  Transfer  all the stuff I dont want and sift thru it, to find the FAXES ... MAYBE???  And will it install the SENT faxes in my SENTS  in 7 ?

here they are--     now to see if I can  c/p    and see in 7 --   will let u know

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\SentItems

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 1:33 PM
  • You may not notice, after scanning the system , there is an option "Customize" under your user account, open the windows there is another option "Advance", there you can deselect all and select the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\SentItems only.
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:15 AM
  • i have transferred the sent faxes from XP  to 7-   i did use  transfer prog.

Problem is fax program in 7   does not see the sent faxes  that are in folder.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:20 PM
  • Did you use easy transfer to restore the settings to windows 7? Can you transfer other files? If other files other than fax can not been seen either, you can try use the windows easy transfer on the windows 7 instalaltion DVD and do the transfer again.

Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:32 AM
  • I used  easy transfer to  transfer files I wanted.  

Only sent fax files    can not be seen.

I spent hour on phone with MS support-    no solution yet.  Will talk to them on Tues again.  Seems it may be a bug.

These are regular tif  files--   there is no reason  why  these cant be seen.

Friday, January 22, 2010 10:06 PM