Slow performance RRS feed

• Question

• My PC has slowed down. I am using Windows 7 genuince pack.  Is it worth installing Uniblue registry booster to get optimum performance?
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft doesn't recommend using 3rd party registry cleaners, they usually cause more harm then good.

Slow PC? Optimize your computer for peak performance:
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/setup/optimize.aspx
    Note: This article does not address or recommend tinkering with the registry files. Such activities can be detrimental to your computer and should only be attempted by properly trained professionals.

Optimize Windows 7 For Better Performance
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Optimize-Windows-7-for-better-performance

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, March 5, 2012 9:39 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:37 PM
  • I dealt with a slow laptop for a couple years before getting my new desktop.

The most likely cause of your slowdown is MOST to ALL of your RAM is being used. 
    So open up task manager with CTRL + ALT + Delete 

and click the performance tab 
    Tell me how much your CPU is being used and How much RAM is being used.  Ram will be labeled memory 
    _______________________________________________________________________________

A few things you can do to free up RAM is turn off all those start up programs.  
    in most programs like steam just open the settings and un-check launch on startup 

Another thing you can do is change windows graphics, (NOTE if you do this right you wont notice any changes)
    Hit start > Open Control panel > System and Security >  System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced Tab > Performance 
    under the visual tab 

Un-check EVERYTHING but

• Use Visual Styles on windows and buttons
    • Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop
    • Smooth edges of screen fonts
    • Show thumbnails instead of icons 
    • Enable Transparent glass (Un-Checking this will make Win7's boarders non transparent)

I Also recommend downloading CClearner and Cleaning up broken registry links and removing old files.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 10:40 PM