XP service pack 3 install? RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to install drivers for old printer (HP over 10 years does not have drivers on website to download anymore) and so found cd to install.  Setup software says its not compatible with windows 10 (bc windows needs to be a "more advanced version that the one the computer is running!! HAHA!!) and asks to install the service pack 3 from xp.  advice? printer is deskjet 3915. Its not imperative, I have another printer but this was no problem before I had to intentionally crash and reload everything on my computer bc of driver downloaded software. just wondering if anyone knows a quick solution...ink for other printer is astronomical!

Lori

Saturday, March 4, 2017 7:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Please consult with the HP printer experts in the HP Community Forum.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch

Sunday, March 5, 2017 5:17 PM
  • Trying to install drivers for old printer (HP over 10 years does not have drivers on website to download anymore) and so found cd to install.  Setup software says its not compatible with windows 10 (bc windows needs to be a "more advanced version that the one the computer is running!! HAHA!!) and asks to install the service pack 3 from xp.  advice? printer is deskjet 3915. Its not imperative, I have another printer but this was no problem before I had to intentionally crash and reload everything on my computer bc of driver downloaded software. just wondering if anyone knows a quick solution...ink for other printer is astronomical!

Lori

Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:30 AM