Incident View "All Open Parent Incidents" - Not displaying for Analysts RRS feed

• Question

• I believe the "All Open Parent Incidents" view is an out of the box view.

I didn't initially have it exposed but have since had a request for this view.  I went into the Security > User Roles for our analyst (the user role is set up as an advanced operator) and scrolled to the Views area and ticked the box for All Open Parent Incidents.

None of our analysts can see the view.  I confirmed they have the same version of the console as I do.

Running SCSM 2012 R2 - V.7.5.3079.607

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 1:26 PM

Answers

• Hi

The "All Open Parent Incidents" is an  out of the box view and it sounds like you have done the correct steps to give analyst access to it.

Security Roles can be confusing and difficult to troubleshoot. If the Analyst has closed and opened the console, they should get the new view, and if not then they don't have access to it.

I would try running these scripts to confirm what Security Roles the Analyst is in: Service Manager (SCSM) User Role PowerShell Scripts

Hopefully, from the output you will be able to see what is missing.

Regards

Glen.

Web: www.xapity.com  |   Twitter: @xapityapps  |   Facebook: xapityapps

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:33 PM

All replies

• Hi

The "All Open Parent Incidents" is an  out of the box view and it sounds like you have done the correct steps to give analyst access to it.

Security Roles can be confusing and difficult to troubleshoot. If the Analyst has closed and opened the console, they should get the new view, and if not then they don't have access to it.

I would try running these scripts to confirm what Security Roles the Analyst is in: Service Manager (SCSM) User Role PowerShell Scripts

Hopefully, from the output you will be able to see what is missing.

Regards

Glen.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 8:33 PM
  • Thanks - I added the view to our overall department security group and the analyst team can now see the view.

The PowerShell scripts unfortunately didn't tell me anything that just going into the user role in the security area did .  It showed the analyst security group as expected.

Regardless, it's working now - and thanks for your time answering.

Friday, July 28, 2017 3:10 PM
  • Hi

The Get-UserPermission.ps1 script in the link above, allowed you to see input a Analyst user ID and see what roles they belonged to. This didn't show that the Analyst wasn't in the first security role you added the view to?

I thought that this would have helped clear up the confusion around which Security Role needed to be changed. 

The good news is that you got it working.

Regards

Glen.

Friday, July 28, 2017 9:08 PM