none
Problem with receiving messages from WebSphere MQ using MQSC adapter(part of HIS 2016 CTP2) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have been testing BizTalk 2016 CTP2 release along with HIS 2016 CTP2 by sending and receiving messages from IBM WebSphere MQ since we have an application that uses MQSC client adapter.

I have been testing this for the past 2 months or so and getting an error while MQSC adapter tries to pull messages from the IBM queue to BizTalk.

Background of my test(All my test was done on BizTalk 2016 CTP2 installation):

1. Initially, both sending and receiving messages from IBM queue failed, then I installed IBM version 8.0.0.4 on BizTalk server. Sending messages from BizTalk worked.
    2. The IBM MQ server which was upgraded very recently to IBM v8.5.5.2, with which BizTalk communicates, was earlier running IBM v7.5. I thought that could be the issue.
    3. I installed HIS 2016 CTP2 very recently and tested again. The only change I can see while using HIS 2016 CTP1 is the error message. Now I am getting the below error:

The adapter "MQSC" raised an error message. Details "Failure encountered while attempting to get message from queue. queue = IMBOUTBOUNDXMLMESSAGES, queueManager = MQ_saxotest2, reasonCode = 2009".

While checking for this reason code(2009), I can see “Reason Code 2009 is defined in IBM WebSphere MQ as MQRC_CONNECTION_BROKEN”.

I don’t think we have any connection failure.

Since, the error message has changed while testing on HIS 2016 CTP1 as against HIS 2016 CTP2, could this be a HIS 2016 issue?

Any thought on the same will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Biranchi

Friday, October 14, 2016 9:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Biranchi, Yes - this is most likely an HIS 2016 issue.  Ongoing work is being done on the MQSC Adapter for HIS 2016.  One idea to try with CTP2 would be to open the Port and set it to use the Microsoft MQ Client to see if you are able to exchange messages.  Starting with HIS 2016 we are including the option to use our new Microsoft MQ Client instead of using the IBM WebSphere MQ Client -- this is a part of the ongoing work we are doing with the MQSC Adapter.  Also - are you doing transactional processing?

-Valerie Robb (Microsoft PM for MQSC)

Friday, October 14, 2016 6:54 PM
    Owner
  • Is ur host 32 bit or 64 but for the ones used in MQSC adapter ? Try using 32 bit hosts.

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool

LinkedIn: LinkedIn

Saturday, October 15, 2016 11:00 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using 64bit hosts. Let me try to use the 32bit one and then will let you know if that works.

Regards

Biranchi

Monday, October 17, 2016 4:51 AM
  • Hi Valerie,

Thanks a lot for your reply. My receive port is already using 'Use Microsoft MQ Client = Yes' and yes it's configured to use transaction.

Just to let you know, I am able to send messages from BizTalk to IBM Websphere Queue but receiving is failing.

So, I guess there would be a new release of HIS 2016 soon?

Regards

Biranchi

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:52 AM
  • Biranchi - I am checking to see if we will release another CTP.  I also need to verify that we have transactional support fully working (I know for a fact it was not working for CTP 2).  Also - it will only work with a 64 bit host - it will fail with a 32 bit host.

-Valerie

Monday, October 17, 2016 9:05 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Valerie,

Thanks for the info. I will not test with a 32bit host then. Will wait to hear more.

Regards

Biranchi

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:31 AM
  • Hi Valerie,

With the release of Host Integration server 2016, I am now able to receive messages from our third party application using MQSC adapter now.

Thank you.

Regards

Biranchi

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 10:05 AM
  • Hi,

Is it possible to simply use the Microsoft MQ Client provided by HIS 2016 without installing the IBM MQ Client at all? We are encountering the error The adapter "MQSC" raised an error message. Details "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.BizTalk.Adapter.Mqsc.ImqWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found." which is making me question whether there is still some runtime dependency on the IBM MQ Client libraries? This occurs on the send port for either a 32 or 64 bit host.

Regards, DB 

Tuesday, February 14, 2017 4:32 PM
  • Hi,

This is actually broken is in HIS 2016.

CU1 is planned to come out in May 2016. This fixpack will fix the issue with the non-transactional issue.

Best regards,

Steve Melan - BCEE My Blog : http://stevemelan.wordpress.com

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:22 PM