none
DPM 2012 R2 Offline Seed to Azure Question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read this question.

I have a customer who has already got DPM 2012 R2 protecting their servers and data, short term to disk and long term to a tape drive. They are looking to move away from the tape storage solution and leverage Azure Backups.

Unfortunately they don't have an adequate broadband connection (only 30MBps) at the minute but they are addressing that. So they will need to an offline seed and ship the disks t the Azure DC to be imported. I have a couple of questions around this, even after following the relevant guides from MS.

1. I was just going to add Online Protection to each of the PGs and then fill in the details for the offline backup. However, do you need a separate disk for each PG? 

2. Can you just have one azure import job or do you have to a separate one for each PG?

3. If I try to create a recovery point on demand, and I select multiple Shares (this example is for Shares that are being protected) and then choose Create Recovery Point, I only get the option to create a short term or long term to tape. If I only select a small number then it does allow me to create an Online Recovery Point. Online Protection is showing as Enabled for all the Shares. Is there no option to create a Recovery Point at the computer level and it will then include all the selected data points?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 10:00 AM