none
Missing files after forced tiering RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I ran a Invoke-StorageSyncCloudTiering, and most of the files is now missing. I get this result below.
    How do I get the files back? I cannot see it in the portal either now.

PS C:\windows\system32> Invoke-StorageSyncCloudTiering -Path E:\Shares\Users

TieredCount                            : 193
    AlreadyTieredCount                     : 0
    SkippedForSizeCount                    : 58846
    SkippedForAgeCount                     : 0
    SkippedForUnsupportedReparsePointCount : 0
    FailedToTierCount                      : 186995
    ReclaimedSpaceBytes                    : 180616517
    SkippedForStableVersionFailure         : 0

Saturday, April 20, 2019 9:48 PM

All replies

• Hello gold7809,

Did you look at the events logs for any clues? In Event Viewer, the tiering, recall, and sync issues are logged under Applications and Services\Microsoft\FileSync\Agent.

When you run the above PS command to recall the storage sync file, did you import the module name from the path installed storage sync agent(StorageSync.Management.ServerCmdlets.dll)? If not i would recommend you to try the below approach and check if you able to recall the file.

Note:- This option might be useful if you want to recall multiple files at once, such as all the files in a folder. Open a PowerShell session to the server node where Azure File Sync is installed, and then run the following PowerShell commands:

Import-Module "C:\Program Files\Azure\StorageSyncAgent\StorageSync.Management.ServerCmdlets.dll"

Invoke-StorageSyncFileRecall -Path <file-or-directory-to-be-recalled>

For more information, Please check the troubleshooting steps for cloud tiering related issues as mentioned in the article here and the FAQ. See if this helps you!

Kindly, let us know if you need any further assistance on this.

Monday, April 22, 2019 5:36 AM
  • @gold7809, Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:24 AM
  • @gold, could you please share your subscription Id at “AzCommunity[at]Microsoft[dot]com”  and we will investigate the issue.

Monday, May 6, 2019 10:40 AM