none
Sharepoint Online <--> Microsoft Project: Issue of synchro RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I use Project and I want to share with my team the plan.

So I naturally try to use a Sharepoint website.

The problem is when the project is huge, I have a problem to save it and the synchronization with Sharepoint fall.

And after, I become unable to open this work on Project .... I have to delete all and create a new file ...

Do you know this issue?

thank's

Nico

Monday, January 9, 2017 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Nico,

What do you mean by "huge"? Do you publish it on Project Server then create a Sharepoint project site?

Anyway, this should not happen. And moreover, you should absolutely not recreate a new file. Cleaning up your local cache should resolve the issue and make your project usable.

I'm also in southern France, you can contact me for further questions.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, January 9, 2017 5:11 PM
  • Hello Guillaume, 

We tried to clean up our local cache but it's the same.

The process:

I create a new project on Project Server, then I create a Sharepoint project site and after I make the link between this 2 elements. 

At this stage the synchronization works well.

But, if my project grow up,  and the size of the file becomes larger, when I try to save the file and do the sync with SP website, I have this error message:

And the list on the website turn of a chronology view to a simple view...

Do you see better my issue?

Thank's to your helps,

Nico

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 9:03 AM
  • Hi Nico,

How huge are the file? How many tasks? You could try to repair MS Project from the control panel.

Anyway, the best practice for creating project site is to defined a site sharepoint template, to associate it with an enterprise project type. Then while creating a new project, you select an enterprise project type and the site will be automatically created and linked with your project.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 12:04 PM