Outlook 2007 starts intermittently (Windows 7). No error message. Send and Receive works when and if program starts. RRS feed

• Question

• Please could you advise me as to why Outlook 2007 always starts on boot up and logon, but once closed it will not restart.  I cant find it in the program list and there are no error messages.  It shows a start up spinning circle when I double- click the icon but then nothing happens.
    Sunday, March 27, 2011 10:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

It seems you set the outlook to start when you boot the computer.

Please click Start, input msconfig in the search box, then press ENTER.

In the System Configuration windows, click Startup Tab, check the items there, uncheck the Outlook. Then click Apply-OK.

Restart the computer, check if the Outlook starts automatically again.

Then manually start the Outlook, if it doesn't work. I suspect this issue is related to Outlook, please start a new thread in Outlook forum.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, April 4, 2011 8:41 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

It seems you set the outlook to start when you boot the computer.

Please click Start, input msconfig in the search box, then press ENTER.

In the System Configuration windows, click Startup Tab, check the items there, uncheck the Outlook. Then click Apply-OK.

Restart the computer, check if the Outlook starts automatically again.

Then manually start the Outlook, if it doesn't work. I suspect this issue is related to Outlook, please start a new thread in Outlook forum.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, April 4, 2011 8:41 AM
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:27 AM
  • Thanks Miya,

This did work and since then I have had to refer to it again as I uninstalled a preinstalled conflicting version of Microsoft Office.

Im sorry I voted your answer as 1 in error- it should have been 10

Thank you again.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 2:18 PM
  • You're welcome.

Glad it helps!

Regards,

Miya

Thursday, April 14, 2011 1:15 AM