none
Outlook 2013: Accessing Exchange with Outlook OST on mulitple machines? RRS feed

• Question

• My organization recently transitioned to off-site Exchange servers.  Users were upgraded to Office 365 / Outlook 2013 using OST files (PST files previously)

In addition to my work laptop, I have Outlook 2013 available on a personal Surface Pro 3.  I cannot find a definitive answer on whether it will be a problem to run Outlook 2013 from both machines using an OST file.  Will the two OST files on different platforms create sync issues?  I have access to Outlook Web Access on the Surface, but prefer the Outlook desktop application for quick steps and other tools not available on OWA.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There are many people who use .ost files on multiple machines, this is ok.

Each .ost file synchronizes with the mailbox on Exchange/Exchange Online, they don't directly interact with other .ost files on other machines. Once the synchronization is done, each .ost file should match the data in the mailbox and there won't be problems to have multiple .ost files on multiple machines.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 6:48 AM