IEAK 10 doesn't have an option to skip Windows Updates download like IE 10 installer RRS feed

• Question

• The IEAK 10 installer doesn't have an option to skip internet explorer updates download like the IE 10 installer.   The IE 10 install provides a /update-no switch but there's no equivalent in IEAK 10.  Will Microsoft provide an option to skip the IE updates download as part of IEAK or update the utility?
    Wednesday, September 4, 2013 1:33 PM

All replies

• You can always do what most people already do and Change how you receive windows updates,

Select (Let me choose when to Download and install windows updates) then all you have to do is Manually check for updates on Wednesday mornings.

Install the ones you want to.

Thursday, September 5, 2013 11:01 PM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Problem is that IEAK 10 installer always checks for updates.  The IE 10 install has an option to skip the update using the /update-no switch.  Unfortunately, IEAK doesn't have this option.  With corporate environments, sometimes sites don't have access to the Microsoft Update site; therefore, IEAK hangs in the updates portion instead of continuing on with installation.  Previous versions of IEAK had an option to disable the update functionality, but IEAK 10 doesn't have that functionality included.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:23 PM
  • Hello,

Did you find an answer? I have the same problem; getting ready to deploy IE10 internally using the IEAK 10 to customize and the only option I find is under Additional Settings -> Internet Settings -> Components Updates. However, the settings in this sections are entries for "URL to be displayed for updates" and "Update check interval (in days)".

After IE10 is installed, on the "About" dialog, there is a check box for turning on/off check for updates. 

Unless there is a way to turn this off from the IEAK, I may need to create a script that runs post-install to change appropriate registry keys.

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:41 PM