none
Remove Tasks Button in PWA. RRS feed

• Question

• I suppose, "Remove Task" button in PWA will be grayed out, if -

No tasks has been assigned to him [Him means any-one who has "Team Member" access].

Tasks has been assigned to him, but he has not completed them.

But, what will happen if, he has got 5 tasks, out of which, he is charging time for one, one is already complated, and the rest, they are "In Progress". Will "Remove Tasks" button be grayed out for some tasks, and will be available for some tasks..
    Can anyone please help me with this question..
    Someone told me, the current state of the task does not regulate the availibility of "Remove Tasks" functionality.
    Then what does do so? and Who does do so?
    I think if, "Remove Tasks" does not depend, on the current state of the task, won't people misuse it?

Will people not start removing tasks, from their assignments, as and when they wish..

Monday, June 10, 2013 6:06 AM

Answers

• Ankit --

Project Server 2010 activates the Remote Task button whenever a user selects the checkbox to the left of any task, regardless of whether the task is unstarted, in progress, or completed.  The software allows team members to use this button to delete unstarted, in progress, and completed tasks.  Because of this, I recommend that you train your team members NOT to use this button.  If a task needs to be removed from a team member, tell him/her to contact his/her project manager and allow the PM to take care of the matter.  I really do not like how Microsoft implemented the Remove Task functionality, and I especially dislike the fact that the Project Server administrator is NOT allowed to disable this feature.  So, you need to make this a training and performance issue with your team members.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by MSP-Learner Monday, June 10, 2013 1:28 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 10:04 AM

All replies

• Ankit --

Project Server 2010 activates the Remote Task button whenever a user selects the checkbox to the left of any task, regardless of whether the task is unstarted, in progress, or completed.  The software allows team members to use this button to delete unstarted, in progress, and completed tasks.  Because of this, I recommend that you train your team members NOT to use this button.  If a task needs to be removed from a team member, tell him/her to contact his/her project manager and allow the PM to take care of the matter.  I really do not like how Microsoft implemented the Remove Task functionality, and I especially dislike the fact that the Project Server administrator is NOT allowed to disable this feature.  So, you need to make this a training and performance issue with your team members.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by MSP-Learner Monday, June 10, 2013 1:28 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 10:04 AM
  • Thank you Dale.
    Monday, June 10, 2013 1:28 PM