Windows Vista OS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, my Inspiron 1525 crashed and I had it inspected.  The Reinstall OS DVD is corrupt.  I've purchased a new blank HD w/lgr. capacity.  I would like to know would I be able to use my XP OS to install on my laptop or would you advise that I purchase the Windows 7 Home Premium 32BIT?  I'm totally lost on what I should and what would work.  I could also purchase another Vista OS and go from there, but ....  I NEED HELP!

Also, if I have posted this question in the wrong forum room, would you be so kind and forward to the appropriate room.

Your expertise would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

• Moved by Alicia CalesMicrosoft employee Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:34 PM Forums Consolidation (From:Microsoft Office 2010 Application Compatibility)
    Thursday, April 1, 2010 5:02 PM

Answers

• The answer depends a little on how old the laptop is.  Dell should be able to supply you with a replacement install DVD at no or very minimal cost, if you explain that the original is no longer usable.  You will need your serial number and express code to do this.  If for some reason Dell is not willing to supply you with a DVD (they should), and you need to go out and purchase an OS then Windows 7 is a good option.

Please let me know if that works and good luck!

Thursday, April 1, 2010 6:42 PM