SCOM does not listed the top CPU Consuming Processes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I already enable the task to list top CPU consuming processes once the CPU hit the threshold. However, the task does not seems to work. Is there is any way that I can retrieve back what process causes the high load.

And also, anyone has any idea why the task is not run as what it supposed to?

Thank you,

Nursyafika

Friday, August 4, 2017 12:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Nursyafika,

>>Is there is any way that I can retrieve back what process causes the high load.

AFAIK , there is no feature to retrieve back to find top CPU usage process.

I assume that is a monitor .

IMHO , I'd like to add a command into recovery task for that monitor (to record top processes into txt file when an alert triggered ) .

Such as :

powershell.exe -command "Get-Process | Sort-Object CPU -Descending | select -First 5 ; (get-date).datetime" >> c:\test.txt

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Friday, September 8, 2017 2:03 AM
    Monday, August 7, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Since we are using PowerShell, can we extract the username of each process running as well?

Nursyafika

Monday, August 14, 2017 6:47 AM
  • Hi Sir,

As for getting username of each process please check this script:

$owners = @{}
    gwmi win32_process |% {$owners[$_.handle] = $_.getowner().user}
    get-process | select processname,Id,@{l="Owner";e={$owners[$_.id.tostring()]}}

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 8, 2017 2:03 AM
  • Q:And also, anyone has any idea why the task is not run as what it supposed to?
    A: It may be caused by insufficiency permission of default action account.

Roger

Friday, September 8, 2017 7:19 AM