none
Can't select copy to network folder RRS feed

• Question

• I have Exchange 2010 database backup on DPM 2012.

I would like to recover database to a network folder.
    But I can't select this option. Only option available is recovery to original Exchange server.

Thanks for help in advance!

Monday, September 3, 2012 1:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You have selected to recover the "latest" recovery point, which can only be restored to original location.  Select an older recovery point time and you can select the option to recover using the copy to network folder.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 3, 2012 2:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You have selected to recover the "latest" recovery point, which can only be restored to original location.  Select an older recovery point time and you can select the option to recover using the copy to network folder.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, September 3, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Thank you once again for a quick answer!!!!
    Monday, September 3, 2012 3:29 PM
  • I guess You are trying to restore it from the SECONDARY DPM server.

First of all, under PROTECTION, right click on the data you want to recover and click on "Switch to...", then, as the previous post, on the RECOVERY area, right click on the file you want to recover and ask for the recovery points.You can recover the last one just on the Exchange server, but if you select a precedent one, you can easily recover it on a shared folder.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 2:40 PM
  • Just came across this post when trying to recover an exchange db fpr testpurposes and was wondering too why I caouldn't recover to a network share - Thanks !
    Monday, July 21, 2014 7:32 AM