Lync call dropped after 5 secs RRS feed

• Question

• Would like to know if someone has experience the following problem while on lync.

Ms-client-diagnostics: 52092;reason="The call was cancelled by the caller before the remote party answered"

Comments please

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 3:51 AM

All replies

• Hi Poonie,

Please provide more information to troubleshoot,

* Whether the call is to PSTN or internal skype to skype or from internal to external?

The logs you provided might occur with multiple scenarios. If you could provide more logs, that would help to analyze further.

- Muralidharan. Please mark as answer/useful if my contribution helps you.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 10:26 AM
  • Actually the call is internal Skype to Skype, even internal Skype to external pstn fails too.

what logs shld I provide so that you could analyze further?

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 1:59 PM
  • Hi Poonie,

Did you analyze the uccapi logs from client machine?

Please check this particular call in client logs using snooper tool. There must be a call path(with server names) mentioned and the failure might provide the information where it failed. If you cannot find any thing there must be an ICEWarning or more information from snooper.

Also the information from monitoring report would help to analyze further.

To check this activity from monitoring reports, you need to select user activity report and then check this particular call..

Let me know if more information required.

- Muralidharan. Please mark as answer/useful if my contribution helps you.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 3:27 PM
  • Muralidharan Sir.

I did with UCCIP Logs. But don't show much info. as the Client was using Polycom vvx500 calling Internal->Internal and PSTN -> External

I am still doing some troubleshooting having the user using Lync Client. Give me some more days as I gather more info. and still in discussion with my colleagues on this problem.

since we don't have a clue as of yet. therefore I posted this just to see if any help is available while we are still in discussion on this issue. Will let you know more when the days comes along.

Thanks Murlidharan.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 12:47 AM
  • Hi Poonie,

Welcome to our forum.

To this issue, we suggest you check network on Lync server and make sure there is only a IP address on a NIC adapter, you could run “Ipconfig /all” to have a check.

If the issue persist, make sure all Lync services are running and update Lync server to the latest. You could check if there are any errors in applications log and post them for our troubleshooting.

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 8:05 AM
  • Hi Muralidharan

Here are those logs:

<reportError xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/2006/09/sip/error-reporting">
    <error toUri="sip:internal@domain.com" callId="d321dee083204feb96dfbe851f985be8" fromTag="3d317f8659" toTag="c3442e499c" contentType="application/sdp;call-type=audiovideo" responseCode="0" requestType="BYE">
    <diagHeader>22; reason="Call failed to establish due to a media connectivity failure when both endpoints are internal";UserType="Callee";MediaType="audio";NetworkErr="noerror";ErrTime="0";RTPSeq="0";SeqDelta="0";RTPTime="3692512462907";RTCPTime="0";TransptRecvErr="0x0";RecvErrTime="0";TransptSendErr="0x0";SendErrTime="0";InterfacesStall="0x0";InterfacesConnCheck="0x0";MrDnsE="lyncav.domain.com";MrResE="0";MrDnsI="LYNCEGPOOL1.domain.com";MrResI="1";MrDnsCacheReadAttempt="0";ICEWarn="0x20000000";ICEWarnEx="0x0";LocalSite="xxxx:20019";LocalMR="xxxx:53127";RemoteSite="xxxx:20024";RemoteMR="xxxx:55938";PortRange="20000:20039";LocalMRTCPPort="52352";RemoteMRTCPPort="52661";LocalLocation="2";RemoteLocation="2";FederationType="0";NetworkName="domain.com";Interfaces="0x2";BaseInterface="0x2";BaseAddress="xxxx:20037";Protocol="0";LocalInterface="0x2";LocalAddrType="5";LocalAddress="xxxx:4005";RemoteAddress="xxxx:20004";RemoteAddrType="0";IceRole="2";RtpRtcpMux="1,FirstHopRTTInMs=32";MediaDllVersion="5.0.8687.152";MrDnsE="lyncav.domain.com";MrResE="0";MrDnsI="LYNCEGPOOL1.domain.COM";MrResI="1";MrDnsCacheReadAttempt="0";OriginalPresenceState="0";CurrentPresenceState="0";MeInsideUser="Yes";ConversationInitiatedBy="0";SourceNetwork="0";RemotePartyCanDoIM="No"</diagHeader><progressReports><progressReport><diagHeader>13004;reason="Request was proxied to one or more registered endpoints";source="LYNCSBA1.DOMAIN.COM";Count="1";appName="InboundRouting"</diagHeader></progressReport></progressReports></error></reportError>

01/04/2017|17:54:38.557 1190:1194 INFO  :: End of Sending Packet - ipaddr:5061 (From Local Address: ipaddrlocal:49238) 2636 bytes

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 10:47 AM
  • Hi Poonie,

I see the initial error is not the same from you mentioned at last.

Based on the error,

"Call failed to establish due to a media connectivity failure when both endpoints are internal" most probably this would be network issue.

After seeing the name"LYNCEGPOOL1.domain.com", is this internal skype external Skype call?

If so, I suggest to validate the ports from internal host to internet and internet to your internal host. The EDGE logs might provide some more information to troubleshoot.

Based on my search for ICEWarn:

0x2000000
    HTTP proxy authentication failed.

Error
    Logging on to the configured HTTP proxy is not possible and therefore the proxy can not be used. There may be no connection
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 1:11 PM
  • Correct today's Log is different from previous. I already suspected network issue. but the strange thing is that I could talk to the person today for the first time. and subsequently the log I send out is the second call, an still getting the error I posted the first time.

now could you tell me where should I start troubleshooting from. I want to start new again tomorrow.

thanks Mr Muralidharan

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 2:34 PM
  • Hi Poonie,

Did you follow my suggestion to have a check?

If there are any questions or issues, please be free to let me know.            

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Jim

Thanks for the information, unfortunately there is only 1 ip.

thanks for your assistant. appreciated.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 2:13 PM
  • Hi Poonie,

To clarify this issue, we want to ask for some things:

1. Did you mean this issue also occur when two internal Lync users start A/V call?
    2. Did you make sure all Lync services are running on Lync server?

We suggest you troubleshoot this issue for internal user firstly, try to restart “Lync server Audio/Video Conferencing” service. If not, create two new Lync users for testing.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Saturday, February 4, 2017 8:33 AM
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 9:28 AM