none
Where to put parameters in SSRS RestAPI request? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I just trying out the restapi feature of SSRS and am able to get some simple data from the server by rest api request in my web browser.

Just wondering if I have for example parameters for the dataset or so, how should I put those parameters in there request?

Thanks.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:48 AM

Answers

• Hi M.Shami,

From your post, if you are just using web browser to query for the JSON data?

If so,  I would recommend you to try with Fiddler or Postman to do this kind of query. 

You could check this following thread for example to pass parameter in RestAPI in SSRS. 

Unable to pass in parameters to Dataset using SSRS 2017 REST API feature

Hope this helps.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by M.Shami Thursday, August 1, 2019 6:52 AM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:25 AM

All replies

• rest api request in my web browser.

In the browser or in a an own application? By browser it's not really a REST request. See Pass a Report Parameter Within a URL

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:10 AM
  • Hi M.Shami,

From your post, if you are just using web browser to query for the JSON data?

If so,  I would recommend you to try with Fiddler or Postman to do this kind of query. 

You could check this following thread for example to pass parameter in RestAPI in SSRS. 

Unable to pass in parameters to Dataset using SSRS 2017 REST API feature

Hope this helps.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by M.Shami Thursday, August 1, 2019 6:52 AM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:25 AM
  • Thanks, this is what I need.
    Thursday, August 1, 2019 6:52 AM