none
SharePoint 2013 - Why is Alert Me first option partly hidden in Ribbon bar?

Question

• It's a strange thing but a client complained of not being able to create an Alert as the dropdown option is not visible.

It's only showing the second option which is Manage My Alerts but if you hover on the row above it, and click once it turns blue, then the Alert Me form pops up. It still works but is definitely not user-friendly. What could prevent the first option from being completely visible. This is only happening in one site collection but the issue is consistent to all its doc libraries.

Friday, April 28, 2017 7:00 PM

Answers

• Hi get3rrd0ne,

For your issue, you can click F12 to check the HTML if there is any text for this “set alert on this library” option.

Then check if you customize your ribbon which might cause this issue.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by get3rrd0ne Monday, May 1, 2017 3:48 PM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 9:10 AM

All replies

• Perhaps, this is the issue with his browser. Would you please execute following test cases.

• Test in Chrome or Firefox
    • Check in IE 11 32 bit version.
    • Check in IE in different version using F12.
    • Clear cache and try once.
    • Change browser mode from Standard to Enterprise mode (Tools->Enterprise)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Lalith

----------------------------------------

Please mark as Answer, if this post solves your issue.

Friday, April 28, 2017 7:28 PM
  • Thanks...we only use IE and the issue is happening only on PRD but not on QAT site.

I should mention that the site was customized using Visual Studio - so it may be possible that the VS package may have touched the Ribbon bar area.

Friday, April 28, 2017 10:02 PM
  • Hi get3rrd0ne,

For your issue, you can click F12 to check the HTML if there is any text for this “set alert on this library” option.

Then check if you customize your ribbon which might cause this issue.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by get3rrd0ne Monday, May 1, 2017 3:48 PM
    Monday, May 1, 2017 9:10 AM