Hybrid sleep malfunction on new Vista HP setup RRS feed

• Question

• I just set up the following system:

ASUS P5K MB
    Intel E6750
    2GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C4 (timings manually set to 4-4-4-12, 2T)
    FSP AX400-PN ATX12V 400W Power Supply
    Leadtek NVIDIA GeForce 8500 256MB video card
    2 x 500GB Seagate Barracuda SATA hard drives (SATA mode set to "combatible" in BIOS)

Sony DVD+-RW; LG DVD-ROM

PS/2 mouse & keyboard
    Vista-32 Home Premium

Hybrid sleep is enabled.  When I tell Vista to sleep, the display shuts down and the computer then just sits there with the fans running and the HD light on.  I cannot wake it up with either the keyboard, mouse, or power button.  If I shut down the PSU and then do a cold boot, Vista resumes as it would from hibernation. 

This is not a wireless mouse problem as I am using a corded PS/2 mouse.  Everything else works beautifully.

Any help would be most appreciated as I am out of ideas!

EMG

Wednesday, August 22, 2007 2:19 AM

All replies

• 1. Did you check the Device Manager to see if the PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard have a Power Management Option tab to allow the device to wake the system from Standby? If so, is the box checked?

2. How long do you usually wait before initiating resume from sleep? Hybrid sleep takes a long time to initiate.

What you should look for..

1. Initiate standby

2. Watch the system as it is entering standby...

3. The system provides and indication that the system is in standby (e.g. blinking power led or power led changes color)

4. Then you must watch the HDD LED, the system writes the contents from memory (2GB) to HDD. When that completes, you will see the HDD LED turn off.

5. You will hear the HDD spin down/turn off

6. Now you're in hybrid sleep

7. Wake the system and see if it wakes up.

Saturday, August 25, 2007 12:19 AM