O365 Skype for Business with Telephony. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,
    Can someone on the forum confirm if Skype for Business hosted on O365 platform has full enterprise voice telephony, conference dial in and mobile "call via work" support for UK telephone numbers yet on the E5 license? I understand this is available in the US but have heard conflicting reports about it's availability in the UK.

Reason being that a company has come to me asking for a hosted SfB with telephony solution and I'd much prefer to point them at O365 deployment.

If this is available, can you confirm if DDI numbers can be ported from an existing provider into the O365 SfB environment?

Any advice from someone who has this deployed would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Jason.

Friday, October 21, 2016 9:06 AM

Answers

• HI Jason,

Cloud PBX with PSTN Calling is available in the UK, US and Puerto Rico currently and telephone numbers can be ported. Cloud PBX with PSTN calling in Office 365 does not have the same level of functionality as an Skype for Business server on premise deployment with Enterprise Voice. Cloud PBX with pstn calling is different. Cloud PBX with PSTN calling is when Microsoft is your PSTN carrier.

Cloud PBX with PSTN calling you can have dial in dial out functionality, call forwarding, on hold, mute, unmute, call transfer and voicemail. Currently you cant have ring groups, hunt groups and auto attendants. This functionality is currently only available on premise. Auto attendant is coming and will be in preview soon. You can see this at skypepreview.com

You can also connect supported desk phones to SfB online as well such as the Lync phone edition and Polycom VVX but make sure you have a support software version.

Cloud PBX is available worldwide when connecting your on premise PSTN connections into office 365 using Cloud Connection edition (CCE)

You can also have PSTN conferencing with office 365 so users can dial into meeting using a telephone number. PSTN conferencing number are available from selected regions in the UK these can be found below in the first link.

For telephone number you can port existing number or get new numbers.

Some Microsoft links

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Countries-and-regions-that-are-supported-for-Skype-for-Business-Online-PSTN-Services-6ba72f37-d303-4795-aa8f-7e1845078ed7?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/mt612869.aspx

Hope this helps.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Edited by Martin Boam Friday, October 21, 2016 9:25 AM correct spelling
    • Marked as answer by Jason Wake Friday, October 21, 2016 9:30 AM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 9:23 AM

All replies

• HI Jason,

Cloud PBX with PSTN Calling is available in the UK, US and Puerto Rico currently and telephone numbers can be ported. Cloud PBX with PSTN calling in Office 365 does not have the same level of functionality as an Skype for Business server on premise deployment with Enterprise Voice. Cloud PBX with pstn calling is different. Cloud PBX with PSTN calling is when Microsoft is your PSTN carrier.

Cloud PBX with PSTN calling you can have dial in dial out functionality, call forwarding, on hold, mute, unmute, call transfer and voicemail. Currently you cant have ring groups, hunt groups and auto attendants. This functionality is currently only available on premise. Auto attendant is coming and will be in preview soon. You can see this at skypepreview.com

You can also connect supported desk phones to SfB online as well such as the Lync phone edition and Polycom VVX but make sure you have a support software version.

Cloud PBX is available worldwide when connecting your on premise PSTN connections into office 365 using Cloud Connection edition (CCE)

You can also have PSTN conferencing with office 365 so users can dial into meeting using a telephone number. PSTN conferencing number are available from selected regions in the UK these can be found below in the first link.

For telephone number you can port existing number or get new numbers.

Some Microsoft links

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Countries-and-regions-that-are-supported-for-Skype-for-Business-Online-PSTN-Services-6ba72f37-d303-4795-aa8f-7e1845078ed7?ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/mt612869.aspx

Hope this helps.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

• Edited by Martin Boam Friday, October 21, 2016 9:25 AM correct spelling
    • Marked as answer by Jason Wake Friday, October 21, 2016 9:30 AM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 9:23 AM
  • Hi Martin,

That's a perfect answer, it looks like O365 is the way to go for my customer. They just want the basics of UK telephone number via Skype and a conference number and mobility.

Thanks very much for the reponse. Really appareciate it.

Jason.

Friday, October 21, 2016 9:34 AM