Test Table RRS feed

• Question

• This is a test inserting a table with very wide columns:

Element

Description

serviceclass A string that identifies the general class of service; for example, "SqlServer". There are well-known service class names, such as "www" for a Web service or "ldap" for a directory service. In general, this can be any string that is unique to the service class. Be aware that the SPN syntax uses a forward slash (/) to separate elements, so this character cannot appear in a service class name.
    host The name of the computer on which the service is running. This can be a fully-qualified DNS name or a NetBIOS name. Be aware that NetBIOS names are not guaranteed to be unique in a forest, so an SPN that contains a NetBIOS name may not be unique.
    port An optional TCP or UDP port number to differentiate between multiple instances of the same service class on a single host computer. Omit this component if the service uses the default port for its service class.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:10 PM

All replies

• Another table:

Here is the relevant error in the activity log:

248 ERROR System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextReplaceEvents'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{CF9928D9-65AE-4319-A446-94ED5C45ECDE}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextReplaceEvents.OnReplace(ChangeInput[] pCI) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.VsTextBufferAdapter.OnTextBufferChangedHighPriority(Object sender, TextContentChangedEventArgs e) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.RaiseEvent[TArgs](Object sender, EventHandler`1 eventHandlers, TArgs args) Editor or Editor Extension 2012/10/11 16:55:49.778
    249 ERROR System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.IVsTextStreamEvents_Private'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{96FC7D44-BCDD-4F00-AE4D-07E26B2C0E52}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.IVsTextStreamEvents_Private.OnChangeStreamText(Int32 iPos, Int32 iOldLen, Int32 iNewLen, Int32 fLast) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.VsTextBufferAdapter.OnTextBufferChanged(Object sender, TextContentChangedEventArgs e) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.RaiseEvent[TArgs](Object sender, EventHandler`1 eventHandlers, TArgs args) Editor or Editor Extension 2012/10/11 16:55:49.782

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Another attempt to insert the table, this time with a paragraph and div tag:

My activity log for Visual Studio 2010 reports that there is trouble with an extension.  This may have started happening when I installed the Windows SDK -- not sure.

When I press a key in the editor, I get this (see picture below).  It happens once after startup, but then doesn't happen again until I restart visual studio and operation seems to be mostly normal except that some intellisense features seem to be non-operational as a result.

To fix this, I tried disabling add-ins using (Tools|Options|Environment -> Add-in/Macros Security, and Extension Manager), and restarting Visual Studio, but it still happens.  I also tried running visual studio with the /safemode command line switch, but it still happens.

How do I follow up on this error?  I don't know where to go next.  It doesn't seem to indicate what component or extension is causing the problem, except that it is from "Editor or Editor Extension"

Here is the relevant error in the activity log:

248 ERROR System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextReplaceEvents'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{CF9928D9-65AE-4319-A446-94ED5C45ECDE}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextReplaceEvents.OnReplace(ChangeInput[] pCI) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.VsTextBufferAdapter.OnTextBufferChangedHighPriority(Object sender, TextContentChangedEventArgs e) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.RaiseEvent[TArgs](Object sender, EventHandler`1 eventHandlers, TArgs args) Editor or Editor Extension 2012/10/11 16:55:49.778
    249 ERROR System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.IVsTextStreamEvents_Private'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{96FC7D44-BCDD-4F00-AE4D-07E26B2C0E52}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)). at System.StubHelpers.StubHelpers.GetCOMIPFromRCW(Object objSrc, IntPtr pCPCMD, Boolean& pfNeedsRelease) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.IVsTextStreamEvents_Private.OnChangeStreamText(Int32 iPos, Int32 iOldLen, Int32 iNewLen, Int32 fLast) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.VsTextBufferAdapter.OnTextBufferChanged(Object sender, TextContentChangedEventArgs e) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.RaiseEvent[TArgs](Object sender, EventHandler`1 eventHandlers, TArgs args) Editor or Editor Extension 2012/10/11 16:55:49.782

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:24 PM