Packaging GP2015R2 in App-V 5.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, has anyone else had any issues packaging GP2015 R2 client in App-V version 5.0?

I am attempting to complete this task and no matter how I edit the shortcuts in the UserConfig.xml and DeploymentConfig.xml I am unable to get this to work.

When I add "" around the argument I get an error unable to locate the shortcut. I have tried adding speech marks around both the target and argument individually and together and I get the same results in both cases. When I do not add speech marks to these I get the GP issue 'The Launch File is invalid'. When you google this error it relates to DYNAMICS.EXE launching and not being able to see the DYNAMICS.SET file.  I have checked with our Microsoft partner who support Microsoft Dynamics GP R2 and they have confirmed the DYNAMICS.SET file is OK.

On the sequencing machine I am able to load Microsoft Dynamics GP R2 with no issues. This proves that the DYNAMICS.SET file I am using is working OK.  It’s is only when I complete sequencing and deploy the package using SCCM2012 that I get the above mentioned errors on the client machines.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

DeploymentConfig

UserConfig

• Edited by Jack0_p Wednesday, March 9, 2016 10:04 AM typo
    Wednesday, March 9, 2016 10:01 AM

Answers

• I have now managed to resolve this issue. It looks to me like the App-V package was not building correctly so it seems to be a compatibility issue between App-V 5.0 and GP2015R2.

Now I have upgraded our App-V sequencer and client machine to App-V version 5.1 the package builds and now successfully deploys via SCCM and launches correctly producing no error on the client machines I have tested.

As suggested I have also removed the "" from the argument which we had to previously use in App-V 5.0.

Thanks for your suggestions and help and this post can now e closed off.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:26 AM

All replies

• Remove the "" from the Target and Arguments tag in the deployment config file. Revert the machine. Add  the package with the deployment config file and publish it.

Launch the shortcut. Use procmon to see whether it is able to find the file.

Open up the virtual bubble of the package (cmd.exe /appvve:productID_VersionID) and try launching the shortcut from here.

If it works try to edit the shortcut locally and add cmd.exe /c START "" "yourapp.exe"

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 9, 2016 2:10 PM
  • I have now managed to resolve this issue. It looks to me like the App-V package was not building correctly so it seems to be a compatibility issue between App-V 5.0 and GP2015R2.

Now I have upgraded our App-V sequencer and client machine to App-V version 5.1 the package builds and now successfully deploys via SCCM and launches correctly producing no error on the client machines I have tested.

As suggested I have also removed the "" from the argument which we had to previously use in App-V 5.0.

Thanks for your suggestions and help and this post can now e closed off.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 11:26 AM