none
Managing IE11 Add-Ons On Windows 10 Systems

Question

• We had a GPO that enabled certain add-ons all domain users use so that when they logged in to Windows and opened IE for the first time, they don't get the prompt asking them to enable or disable add-ins.  

I used a GPO with the add-ins' CLSID and it had worked for Windows 7 in the past.

Now, I'm trying the same thing with Windows 10 and users are still seeing the prompts for the add-ins the GPO is configured to enable.  Gpresults shows this GPO in the list of assigned group polcies.

Do the same IE 11-addin GPO settings work for Windows 10?

Friday, January 15, 2016 2:38 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

What settings are configured in the GPO? Please offer us the details.

>> opened IE for the first time, they don't get the prompt asking them to enable or disable add-ins.

Does the pop-up look similar to screenshot as below?

If that is the case, please check if you have enabled Automatically activate/enable newly installed add-ons policy under Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Internet Explorer

It'll permanently disable the popup notification message in Internet Explorer.

If not, please post us the detail message for better troubleshooting.

Also, please verify if all settings of group policy are exactly the same between Windows7 and Windows10.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 18, 2016 8:36 AM
  • Yes, the message looks like that.

We don't want to automatically enable everything, just specific clsids in the GPO.

Monday, January 18, 2016 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

What settings are configured in the GPO? Specially, please check the value for Class ID.

0. The add-on is disabled and your employees can’t change it.
    1. The add-on is enabled and your employees can’t change it.
    2. The add-on is enabled and your employees can change it.

Here is an article which described a similar issue, please take a look and use for reference:
    How can I eliminate the “Several add-ons are ready for use” prompt in Internet Explorer?
    http://serverfault.com/questions/671064/how-can-i-eliminate-the-several-add-ons-are-ready-for-use-prompt-in-internet-e

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016 2:07 AM