How to reply on email from incident without creating new incident. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How to reply on email from incident without creating new incident. Comment from reply on email go to history on same incident in scsm without create new incident. Thanks..

Friday, September 20, 2013 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To do this you need to have the Exchange Connector - are you using that already?

If so, you need to make sure that every Notification template within SCSM have the Work Item ID enclosed in Square brackets in the subject. Example:

"A new Incident has been created [IR1991]"

The ID in Square brackets will tell the Exchange connector that this is an update to an existing Work Item with that ID.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

• Proposed as answer by Ayman Yassine Friday, September 20, 2013 10:40 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 10:34 AM
  • Anders is spot on, and configure a blank incident template and select it in the Exchange Connector if you want to preserve the Incident fields value on the reply.
    Friday, September 20, 2013 10:56 AM
  • Yes, already I'm use exchange connector, and my incidents are with  "A new Incident has been created [IR1991]", but when I reply to an email, my reply create new incidence... I need to reply on alredy created incidence and message from reply nd to be in history of those email, without creating new incident while replying on messages from an incidents.

Thanks..

Friday, September 20, 2013 11:26 AM
  • are you sure that you've got the square brackets and a valid Incident number in the subject of the reply email?

because if the email subject (title) does not contain both them, then the exchange connector will deal with it as a new incident.

Saturday, September 21, 2013 12:04 AM
  • Just wanted to clarify that the Exchange Connector needs to be downloaded and from Microsoft.com and added to the system manually. It is not the Incoming Email settings under Administration -> Settings -> Incident Settings

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Sunday, September 22, 2013 6:37 PM
  • Thanks..I resolved this problem but besides square brackets and a valid Incident number in the subject,  for resolved this problem I created and e-mail Trouble Ticket User Comments. http://scsm2012.blogspot.in/2012/07/notify-assigned-to-user-when-end-user.html

Thanks

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:31 AM