Client Error code: 450260-16D1260A-0000E028 RRS feed

• Question

•  

We're testing out the 4.5 client against against our existing 4.1 SP1 infrastructure and I came across an event series I'd not seen before associated with error code 450260-16D1260A-0000E028

EventID 5009
    hap=96:app=Dreamweaver 8.0.2 8.0.2:tid=1E4:usr=<username>}
    The SoftGrid client could not connect to stream URL 'rtsp://<softgrid server name>:554/DW8.C03/DW8C03_2.sft' (FS status: 16D1260A-0000E028).

EventID 3008
    {hap=96:app=Dreamweaver 8.0.2 8.0.2:tid=1E4:usr=<username>}
    The client was unable to connect to a SoftGrid server (rc 16D1260A-0000E028)

EventID 2012
    The SoftGrid application 'Dreamweaver 8.0.2 8.0.2' failed to launch for user <username> with error 450260-16D1260A-0000E028.

EventID 3001
    {tid=E74:usr=<username>}
    The SoftGrid Client could not launch Dreamweaver 8.0.2 8.0.2.

The SoftGrid Client has detected that a disk volume associated with this package is corrupted and application settings may have been lost. You need to restart the application. If the problem persists, please report the following error code to your System Administrator.

Error code: 450260-16D1260A-0000E028

The client then renames the .pkg file for the application in the user's softgrid datastore to .bad and creates a new .pkg file on next launch, resulting in the loss of all user settings.

Any idea what's going on here?  We had some corruption issues with theb 4.1 SP1 client but I was hoping 4.5 might have resolved them.

Cheers

Paul

Monday, January 21, 2008 5:36 PM

Answers

• It sounds like the file system detected corruption in the package volumes and therefore failed the launch and renamed the corrupted files so they would not be used on the next launch.  The 4.5 client has more stringent checks for package volume integrity that may be causing this (4.1 would be more likely to fail in a more abrupt fashion on these problems).

Does the next launch succeed?  Is it possible that the volume in question is from a prior 4.1 user?

/Chris

Monday, January 21, 2008 8:58 PM
  • Yes, the corrupt volume is kept for diagnostic purposes.  The most likely source of problems is a BSOD or other abrupt shutdown during package shutdown.  There is a small window in the beta release where a failure during package save could result in a corrupt package volume (this is fixed for the RC release).

/Chris

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:39 PM

All replies

• It sounds like the file system detected corruption in the package volumes and therefore failed the launch and renamed the corrupted files so they would not be used on the next launch.  The 4.5 client has more stringent checks for package volume integrity that may be causing this (4.1 would be more likely to fail in a more abrupt fashion on these problems).

Does the next launch succeed?  Is it possible that the volume in question is from a prior 4.1 user?

/Chris

Monday, January 21, 2008 8:58 PM
  •  

Hi

I thought that's what it might be, the 4.5 client behaviour in this type of situation is definitely preferable.  As a matter of interest what's the logic behind retaining the file marked with a .bad extension?  Is it just for diagnostics or is it possible to repair them or retrieve data from them?

The next launch does succeed and creates a new file.

The volume is from a 4.1 user but this wasn't the first launch of the application using the 4.5 client.  I've restored the file from backup and I'm keeping an eye on it to see if the problem happens again. 

Any thoughts on what is likely to cause this sort of issue?

Thanks

Paul

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 8:50 AM
  • Have you relocate your %appdata% directory to a network share?

BR

Pierre Eriksson

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:38 PM
  • Yes, the corrupt volume is kept for diagnostic purposes.  The most likely source of problems is a BSOD or other abrupt shutdown during package shutdown.  There is a small window in the beta release where a failure during package save could result in a corrupt package volume (this is fixed for the RC release).

/Chris

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 3:39 PM
  • Not %appdata% but we have changed SWIUSERDATA to point to a network location so the package file is being held on a network share.

Paul

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:00 PM