Error 0xc000000f, winload.exe missing or corrupt RRS feed

• Question

• Please help.  My friend's laptop (Acer 9300) was very slow and in need of updates, so I installed updates, uninstalled some software to free up space, but still slow so I started a system recovery.  The above error came up.  I cannot get past that screen.  If I press F2 to enter setup, it still brings me back to the Windows boot Manager and my only options there are enter=continue or esc=exit

It says to insert windows installation disc and restart computer, but I'm not sure if the discs we have are the right ones.  Nothing seems to work.  Am I doing something wrong?

These are the discs he has:

Acer Desktop Application CD

Disk 1 AcerPower F2

Disk 2 Acer Veriton Recovery CD -  XP Home SP1a - En

The Disk 2 cd causes much confusion since Vista is what is on the computer.

Are these disks the right ones?  Can you tel me how to use them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, February 20, 2011 8:31 PM

Answers

• boot from the Windows Vista DVD and Windows Recovery Environment (F8)[1] and run the command prompt and run this:

sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows

Replace C: with the drive letter where you installed Windows. Is sfc able to restore the missing file?

[1] What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Monday, February 21, 2011 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

Please unplug all USB devices and restart the computer to check.

If the issue persists, try the following methods:

Method 1: Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)
    ============================================
    1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 
    2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.
    3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next. 
    4. Click Repair your computer. 
    5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next. 
    6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.
    7. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Method 2: Rebuild BCD
    1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer. 
    2. Press a key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.
    3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next. 
    5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next. 
    6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt. 
    7. Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd , and then press ENTER. 

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:47 AM

All replies

• boot from the Windows Vista DVD and Windows Recovery Environment (F8)[1] and run the command prompt and run this:

sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=c:\windows

Replace C: with the drive letter where you installed Windows. Is sfc able to restore the missing file?

[1] What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Monday, February 21, 2011 4:50 PM
  • Hi,

Please unplug all USB devices and restart the computer to check.

If the issue persists, try the following methods:

Method 1: Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE)
    1. Insert the Windows Vista installation disc into the disc drive, and then start the computer. 
    3. Select a language, a time and currency, and a keyboard or input method, and then click Next. 
    5. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, choose the drive of your Windows installation and click Next. 
    6. At the System Recovery Options Dialog Box, click on Repair your computer.
    7. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
    8. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Startup Repair.

Method 2: Rebuild BCD
    1. Put the Windows Vista installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer. 
    3. Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next. 
    5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next. 
    6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt. 
    7. Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd , and then press ENTER. 

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:47 AM