none
Outlook 2016 crashing when 'reply all' if both an Exchange and a Zimbra email address are loaded in the same profile

Question

• If I separate out the profiles and put one address in each and switch at launch Outlook 2016 doesn't crash.  Outlook 2010 on the old computer works just fine with both addresses simultaneously in the same profile.

Anyone run into this?  I have a feeling the answer is downgrade Outlook to an older version but MS isn't allowing that and a level 2 tech won't call me back until Saturday.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 11:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the version of the problematic Outlook 2016? Please collect the detailed build number via File > Office Account then we can do further research on this.

Besides, it is also recommended to have a check in the Event Viewer when the issue occurs, and see if anything useful would be recorded out there.

Any findings, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 30, 2017 10:11 AM
  • I don't have the computer in front of me but it's the 365 Home Subscription version up to date as of Yesterday - I did updates yesterday and I tried both the 32bit version of Outlook and the 64 with the same results.
    Thursday, March 30, 2017 2:11 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Have you checked if there's any related logs recorded in Event Viewer?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 1:38 AM
  • Got thru to Answerdesk who did a remote session and sent me to 2nd level who said this is a known bug with Exchange and Outlook 2016, they replicated the issue, collected logs to send to engineering and will supposedly return to me in 48 hours.  No amount of changes to current build can fix the issue, it needs to be fixed by future code change it seems.
    Monday, April 3, 2017 3:57 AM
  • Hi,

Many thanks for sharing the above information with us.

Then due to the limitation of forum support, we'd like to encourage you focus on the Answer desk for better assistance.

Your understanding is highly appreciated :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Monday, April 3, 2017 5:25 AM
  • Hi,

Many thanks for sharing the above information with us.

Then due to the limitation of forum support, we'd like to encourage you focus on the Answer desk for better assistance.

Your understanding is highly appreciated :)

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Of course, was just letting you know that an answer from here was not possible as it looks like this is something engineering needs to fix in the code.
    Monday, April 3, 2017 8:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks again for your understanding.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 7:54 AM