none
SRS v2 - To finish setting up, insert the room console into the dock RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have created the W10 Ent image with CreateSrsMedia.ps1 script, installed it on Lenovo X240 touch screen version. At the final setup step I got this message: Connect the room console to the dock. To finish setting up, insert the room console into the dock. But this is not a tablet and I don't have a dock. Tried to search for this error and found this: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Displays-Options-and-Accessories/ThinkSmart-Hub-500/td-p/4061083

It looks like many others experience the same issue on another PC based supported device SmartHub500 too. No solution there.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thank you!

i_misi [MCT, MCSA:M, MCSE:M, MCITP:SA,EA,VA,EMA, EMA2010,EDST7,EDA7]

Monday, April 22, 2019 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check if your device is included in the supported consoles in the below requirement:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/plan-your-deployment/clients-and-devices/requirements

Then, please check and follow the steps described in the guide here when you configure a console:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/deploy/deploy-clients/console#install-windows-10-and-the-microsoft-teams-rooms-console-app

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well. :)

Kind regards, 

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 26, 2019 9:58 AM
  • This wasn't helpful to me. Is there a way to bypass the check for the dock? 
    Friday, May 10, 2019 12:33 AM
  • I am in a similar situation. I have a Surface Pro 4 i7 with 16GB of RAM. I get to the end of the setup and I also am unable to click continue. I know the compatible version says i5 8GB.

• Edited by PiMD Monday, May 13, 2019 8:49 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2019 7:43 PM
  • Experiencing the exact same issue with a brand new HP Elite Slice G2. Last page of setup and the screen reads "Connect the room console to the dock" and "To finish setting up, insert the room console into the dock."

There is no "dock" for the HP Elite Slice. 

Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:59 PM
  • Argh I am also struggling with this. Has anyone figured out how to satisfy the 'dock' endpoint to progress?
    Monday, May 20, 2019 3:17 PM
  • Experiencing the exact same issue with a brand new HP Elite Slice G2. Last page of setup and the screen reads "Connect the room console to the dock" and "To finish setting up, insert the room console into the dock."

There is no "dock" for the HP Elite Slice. 

For the HP Elite Slice 2.0, there is the following advisory in the setup instructions (https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06155011)

On the Finish screen, click Finish.
    NOTE: If the Finish button is disabled, verify the connection with the Video Ingest module.

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:34 PM
  • I am also having the same issue with a new Logitech Tap system.

Is this ultimately a driver issue of some sort?

Thanks

Chris

Friday, July 5, 2019 6:59 PM
  • I reimaged a Surface Pro 4 in a Logitech Smartdock and ended up in same situation! Have not yet found a solution....
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 4:59 PM
  • For those looking for a solution, cyberv posted on the Lenovo forum a workaround using a custom created settings XML. I'm messing around with an old Surface Pro on a regular surface dock.  This is not technically supported for a rooms console, but the workaround got me past the setup page.  Without a specialized Rooms dock, screen sharing definitely doesn't work correctly.  The device account also can't access the calendar, but that might be a separate issue.  I just wanted to see what was possible.  

Check out cyberv's post on https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Displays-Options-and-Accessories/ThinkSmart-Hub-500/td-p/4061083

"Create a skypesettings.xml, content as below, and encode as UTF-8
    <SkypeSettings>
    <UserAccount>
        <SkypeSignInAddress>test@test.com</SkypeSignInAddress>
        <ExchangeAddress>test@test.com</ExchangeAddress>
        <Password>test</Password>
    </UserAccount>
    </SkypeSettings>

Copy skypesettings.xml to:
    C:\Users\Skype\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SkypeRoomSystem_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

Restart the device
    Change SRS account in SRS setting."

Thursday, October 3, 2019 8:56 PM
  • I know I'm extremely late to the party but here's what I've found.

You'll need to have a HDMI/Display Port connected to the ingest/input source. 

It doesn't seem to proceed unless an input is connected during the setup phase.

Monday, October 7, 2019 4:24 AM