none
Missing FULL folder on Replica Volume RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a primary DPM 2010 server that I will replicate to another site. Since it will goes through our WAN, I am going to do a manual replica creation for the secondary DPM server. I mounted the Replica volume(primary DPM) via mountvol and also tried to do a manual VSS snapshot of the replica. Upon browsing the contents of the replica volume, i can't find the "FULL" folder which I need to copy to the secondary DPM server. I can only see the xml files on the volume. Do anyone have similar issues and what is the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Khris
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 3:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Mounted DPM Replica Volume in that way is not "Recommended/supported".

Try this:

1. Run DPMBackup.exe –replica (Creates snapshots of the replica volumes and mounts those read-only snapshots under the Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\ShadowCopy folder.)
    2. Use Xcopy to copy the data from the C:\Program files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\ShadowCopy to your removable storage.
    3. Then on your Secondary DPM server, follows this procedure: How to Manually Create a Replica: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399552.aspx

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

• Proposed as answer by Stephane LADUNE Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by khrisme Saturday, July 7, 2012 3:45 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Stephane, however most likely the full folder is hidden, use: xcopy *.* /s/h/c e:\dailybackup

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Mounted DPM Replica Volume in that way is not "Recommended/supported".

Try this:

1. Run DPMBackup.exe –replica (Creates snapshots of the replica volumes and mounts those read-only snapshots under the Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\ShadowCopy folder.)
    2. Use Xcopy to copy the data from the C:\Program files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Volumes\ShadowCopy to your removable storage.
    3. Then on your Secondary DPM server, follows this procedure: How to Manually Create a Replica: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399552.aspx

Stephane

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties. knowledge is valid only if it is shared by All.

• Proposed as answer by Stephane LADUNE Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:08 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi,

I agree with Stephane, however most likely the full folder is hidden, use: xcopy *.* /s/h/c e:\dailybackup

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012 1:00 PM