remote desktop has broken after while RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have problem with remote desktop and force autologin.

if the following registry keys are set on remote machine:

AutoAdminLogin=1 and ForceAutoLogin=1

and if I try to make remote connection from other machine via remote desktop, connection will be established and after while (let say 2-3 minutes)

connection is broken.

On remote computer i have installed Windows 7 Enterprise with service pack 1

Any help appreciated.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:45 AM

Answers

• Please see:

The ForceAutoLogon setting doesn't do what most people think
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2006/03/06/544496.aspx

The previous logged on account may be logged back even you have logged in with a remote session. I suggest you delete this key.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:15 AM
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:17 AM

All replies

• Dear Wedone,

Were there any error codes?

this may be becuase of a network error. Check your network settings.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:51 AM
  • Please see:

The ForceAutoLogon setting doesn't do what most people think
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2006/03/06/544496.aspx

The previous logged on account may be logged back even you have logged in with a remote session. I suggest you delete this key.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, August 23, 2011 9:15 AM
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:17 AM