ms forgot to put videos on start menu RRS feed

• Question

• thought i would add to this....

i want to share the folders in the start menu with the media centre i have, and its easier to drag and drop things to the start menu.

i don't want to pin to the start menu, that's easy??  want to make it look like its meant to be there, beside Documents Pictures, Music and Games, (which incedently shouldn't be on the start up menu, unless your a geek and play solitaire!!)

ms has obviously forgot what the users want???

update please!!!!!

Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:01 AM

All replies

• (I have a similar request thought I'd post here)
    I send all files downloaded from my browsers, and some programs, to the User->Downloads folder(the one with the fancy looking icon) I would like to add that to the start menu under the User icon with the Documents, Pictures, Games links if possible. However, going to the start menu properties and customize there is no option to add the downloads folder. Any way to do this perhaps through the registry? Thanks in advance.

Friday, February 22, 2008 9:19 AM
  •  TheBigBadViolist wrote:

Thank you!!!!! I changed pictures to my downloads folder, and linked my Music folder (even got to keep the cool looking folder icon by cuting it from User) to a different partition! Great work! Wish you could add more slots, but worked great thanks!!
    Sunday, February 24, 2008 12:43 AM