locked
Change dGAL user entry to display correct email? RRS feed

  • Question

  • A migration from exc2003 to exc2007 was performed a couple of years ago. No Address lists were upgraded in the migration. About one month ago the database became so corrupted that we had to create a new database, re-add users, and port mail from their local PST files. There now is one user we are having trouble with. This user before the crash was ktittle but when married we changed this user to karmstrong. This user was added under exc2007 and not included in the migration the first time. When we created the user again with the new database we just used karmstrong as the user alias with no reference to ktittle. Now local users (with in the network) are getting a bounce back with this message:

    "IMCEAEX-_O=JUNIORACHIEVMENT_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Ktittle@************.org

    #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

    I have seen this entry placed under the user contact in the dGAL - if there is a way I can replace this entry with the user's proper email that would be all it would take to fix this I think. Any support or suggestions will be very appreciated. Thank you

    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:44 PM

Answers

All replies

  • A migration from exc2003 to exc2007 was performed a couple of years ago. No Address lists were upgraded in the migration. About one month ago the database became so corrupted that we had to create a new database, re-add users, and port mail from their local PST files. There now is one user we are having trouble with. This user before the crash was ktittle but when married we changed this user to karmstrong. This user was added under exc2007 and not included in the migration the first time. When we created the user again with the new database we just used karmstrong as the user alias with no reference to ktittle. Now local users (with in the network) are getting a bounce back with this message:

    "IMCEAEX-_O=JUNIORACHIEVMENT_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Ktittle@************.org

    #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

    I have seen this entry placed under the user contact in the dGAL - if there is a way I can replace this entry with the user's proper email that would be all it would take to fix this I think. Any support or suggestions will be very appreciated. Thank you


    • Merged by Xiu Zhang Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:36 AM duplicated
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 7:31 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Xiu Zhang Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by MHeerwagen Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:01 PM
    Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:53 PM
  • Hi,

    You can use this link to solve the issue

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2009/05/21/cannot-reply-to-old-emails-or-modify-old-calendar-items-after-pst-mail-migration.aspx

     


    Jonas Andersson | Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 | MCITP: EMA 2007/2010 | Blog: http://www.testlabs.se/blog | Follow me on twitter: jonand82
    • Marked as answer by MHeerwagen Thursday, December 1, 2011 5:01 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 2:18 PM