Migrating Public Folders on Exchange Server 2007 SP1 to Exchange Online\Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Our company is looking to migrate from Exchange 2007 on premises to Exchange Online/Office 365. We have a number of public folders on our exchange server that function similarly to how the new shared mailboxes work in Exchange Online. That is to say that we have many outside users (customers and wholesale dealers) emailing this public folder (service@mycompany.com) and our end users are given permission to view and respond as themselves (user@mycompany.com). I've been looking all over but haven't found a clean way to migrate the current public folders directly into shared mailboxes. I'd just start from scratch, but we want to keep the records of the emails we've received at these public folders for customer support reasons. Can anyone help?

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hi psh8989,

According to your description, I know that you want to migrate public folder from Exchange 2007 to Office 365.

Since Office 365 is different from Exchange On-Premises, I suggest ask Office 365 Forum for help so that you can get more professional suggestions. For your convenience:

http://community.office365.com/en-us/default.aspx

However, I can also share some information for your reference : )

Based on my knowledge, Exchange supports moving your public folders to Office 365 and Exchange Online from Exchange 2007 SP3 RU10 or later. I notice that your Exchange server version is SP1, please upgrade to SP3 RU10 first and perform migration.

More detailed information to see:

Migrate legacy public folders to Office 365 and Exchange Online 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj983799(v=exchg.150).aspx

Thanks

Mavis Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Mavis_Huang Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mavis_Huang Friday, November 7, 2014 5:39 AM
    Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:20 AM